Detecting IDE Drives Problem, Help Required plz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewxChau

Solid State Member
A screen comes up and says "detecting ide drives" after that is goes to Secondary ide channel no 80 conductor cable installed. AFter a long puase it says something about disl boot failure.

Also i notice some twisted wires wasn't plugged so I plugged it in in random spots. Their also is VCC, USB 2 -, USB 2 +, GND, VCC, USB 1 -, USB 1 +, GND, GND, GND.

Its a little confusing but I dont think those USB cables should have anything to do with a disc boot failure, that usually means theres no OS, or a number of other things, (one of them being a F#Cked up OS). Take out your Ide Cables and put them back in, making sure the primary drive (if you have more than one drive) is connected right and.. not a big deal but I think it should be on the end of the cable.

Well some of the pins was bent, so i had to make it straight, so it would properly align with the IDE, do you think i screwed it up that way?

that usually shouldn't be the problem but if you have a second ide drive, connect it to that cable and see if it works. If it does work, you did screw up the first drive but if it doesn't work, it could be a screwed up OS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom