Uninstall Windows XP Professional?

Status
Not open for further replies.
put your xp cd in, rebooted windows

hit f8, pick boot from cd. now when your cd starts loading, hit f6, put your sata flppy in, select your drivers. delete that partition

or you can get partition magic

Thelorax121 said:
Thats the problem though, I cant get to the regular BIOS install screen anymore. When I boot from the XP disc, it simply goes to my desktop.

Check BIOS to see the boot order and make sure the cd drive boots first than the harddrive. Also I'm not understanding you clearly are you saying you already install xp but on a 6gb partition and you want the rest of it merge together without reformating? You can use disk manager to create a partition like an extended logical partition but you would need a third party software like partition magic to merge them. However you can use the other space to store data also as long as it logical and not primary(else if not configure right xp will not see it).

Heres a link, hope it helps.

http://www.webtechgeek.com/How-to-Partition-a-Hard-Drive-Windows-XP.htm

Law said:
Check BIOS to see the boot order and make sure the cd drive boots first than the harddrive. Also I'm not understanding you clearly are you saying you already install xp but on a 6gb partition and you want the rest of it merge together without reformating? You can use disk manager to create a partition like an extended logical partition but you would need a third party software like partition magic to merge them. However you can use the other space to store data also as long as it logical and not primary(else if not configure right xp will not see it).

Heres a link, hope it helps.

http://www.webtechgeek.com/How-to-Partition-a-Hard-Drive-Windows-XP.htm

Alright, this is what I think happened. When I first instaled windows, I set only 1 partition (meant to make it 60gb, but missed a zero and got 6gb). SO as of now when I enter My Computer, all that shows up is the single 6gb C: and nothing else, so what i need to do is eaither partition the rest, or uninstall windows completely and start from scratch

Ok I understand now, well the rest of the space is unallocated so using that link I gave you, you can partition the unallocated space into a logical partition using disk manager without the need to reformat.

Law said:
Ok I understand now, well the rest of the space is unallocated so using that link I gave you, you can partition the unallocated space into a logical partition using disk manager without the need to reformat.

That worked perefectly, thank you so much for all you help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom