!!! Dust !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really sure what u said man. Other than that you are asking us about dust.

Well, it'll be nice if there is only little dust. But these things are built to handle them without any problems.

I think they have various coatings on the electronics as well (don't quote me on this btw).

In anycase, one of my machines I've been running for 6 years without ever cleaning it for dust :).. And another computer in my parents house has been running (and still running) for about 8 years without a clean job :)..

Dust acts like insulation in your computer, trapping heat. Heat is not a good thing in a computer.

Cleaning your case out once or twice a year is a great idea. You can buy cans of compressed air at about any office supply place or department store. Just follow the directions and you'll do fine.

Yeah. Trotter makes a good point. With regards to heat transfer. I've never really noticed any problems myself since nothing of my has crashed/burnt out yet.. But, I guess, you could monitor your components to see if there is a temperature increase over time if needed be. I haven't had this problem, but who knows :)..

Anyways, keep in mind that many computers that people buy off the shelf work for years and years and years. And I am pretty sure these guys don't clean their systems for dust.. :)..

lol sorry for oftopic. just had to post.

coz i was reading dust!!! not strange u think..
but i readed it in norwegian. and dust = idot/jerk in norwegian.
(And "støv" = dust..)

so when i read more i did not understand what that had to do with the topic :D...

On topic:
My old HP startet to rais temp. and make strange noises.
so i opened up and it was covered with dust (støv) so i found my mini vakumcleaner. and set it to minimum. and got read of the dust. then took out the fan. and cleaned it.

And the HP was like new again. nois disapered. temp was under normal. but thats because i did some changes to rais the airflow.

dust cannot directly kill a component but it can cause fans to clog up so it causes overheating. It also makes it harder for heat to transfer to the air so components will heat up even more.

those things of compressed air are pretty cheap anyway.

you could always use a bike pump....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom