Help Building PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stock PSU is always crap, get a different one.

You don't need the SLI version of the DFI Lanparty. Save yourself $70 and get the DFI Lanparty UT nF4 Ultra-D. Its on a Labor Day special right now so you save an extra $12 ;).

That motherboard has a very good Integrated 7.1 Sound Card, save yourself $122 and ditch the Audigy.

Why're you buying the Athlon 64 4000+?! Its not worth it. Get the 3200+ if you're fine with 512KB L2 cache. Get the 3700+ is you want 1MB L2 Cache. You can overclock the 3700+ .2 Ghz (An overclocker can do that in their sleep) and make it a 4000+.

The 3200+ will overclock farther though,

GuitarFreak1857 said:
your talking about two different cores...

Yes, I know. Thats why I said "If you're fine with 512MB L2 cache." There isn't a huge difference between the San Diego and the Venice Cores, except for the L2 cache. I don't see your point...

No need for a PSU that lavish. But if you're going to be spending $100+ on a PSU, atleast get one with 2 +12v Rails.

Like this 1.

Overkill in my opinion though.

Faint, maybe this will help:

apokalipse said:
1. 99.999% of the time, yes (assuming it's coming from the motherboard)

you'll most likely have to replace the motherboard and the PSU.
one lesson to learn is, always get a good PSU.
cheap PSU's often supply fluctuating power, that can crash the system, damage, or even destroy parts.

some good brand PSU's are: Enermax, Antec, Thermaltake, Cooler Master, OCZ (OCZ's are rock solid) and Ultra. some people don't like Ultra PSU's, but they are pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom