Help Building PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faint

Solid State Member
If you are going to be using it for overclocking get the dfi lanparty nf4 sli-dr. Try either a san diego 3700+ or 4000+. For a good low cost heatsink get the thermaltake xp-90 or xp-120.

Thank you so far but a few more things.

Any suggestions for a case?

Also I forgot to mention, I get 2 year Net Replacement plans on all my products and I still want it to total around 1600$.:mad:

This is my first time building a PC too.

Edit : I do plan to play around with overclocking after some thought.;)

Faint, check out the thread I started a few days ago. I spent about a week and a half lurking forums and reading reviews of the items needed for a build. This will be my first build also. Check out one my last posts in the thread where I list my components. I am being told that my system will be very good and the total comes to around $1,372 without a monitor and operating system. I just bought a new monitor for about $325 and need to get an operating system so I will end up spending over $1,700. Good luck!
http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68571

neocamp22 said:
If you are going to be using it for overclocking get the dfi lanparty nf4 sli-dr. Try either a san diego 3700+ or 4000+. For a good low cost heatsink get the thermaltake xp-90 or xp-120.

Yes the DFI Lanparty is a good OCing board, but the Venice core is better for overclocking. Remeber to get a socekt 939 board. as for heatsinks, the XP series looks good. for case, the thermaltake tusnami dream tower is good, but it does not come with a power supply.

I looked at the AMD Athlon 64 3800+ Venice 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Processor Model ADA3800BPBOX and saw this review =

"Here's A tip save yourself about 160+ bucks buy the Venice 3000+ overclock it to a 4000 without breaking a sweat stock voltage and hsf temps 30c-34c on a load"

Should I do this as it will be saving me a lot and just overclock it a little more? (I only planed to overclock it to the equalivelant (SP) of a 4200+) Or should I just spend the extra money and buy the 3800+? Will this increase the temp too much?

Also I heard 120 mm fans are very loud. Can you link me to a case with 80 mm or 90 mm fans? A few are couple for now as I will put some more down the road.

Here is my new list : Click
OK I have a few questions.

1) Can I replace 120mm fans with less noiser 80 mm fans?

2) Why is the venice core better for overclocking?

3) Can A 64-bit CPU run Normal Windows XP?

4) On Newegg I see this at Case Detailed Specifications:

External 5.25" Drive Bays 4
External 3.5" Drive Bays 2
Internal 3.5" Drive Bays 5
Expansion Slots 7

Does any of that mean I can put in more fans? If not how can I tell if I can put in more fans?

5)Also on Newegg Case Detailed Specifications I see this :

Motherboard Compatibility ATX

Does the mean my DFI mobo won't work with this case?

Thanks.

1. Yes but of course you won't get as good of air flow.

2. Get the San Diego core.

3. Yes

4. Go to the web site of the manufacturer of the case and it should tell you how many fans can go in the case and of what size.

5. ATX is the form factor of your motherboard. Your case must support ATX mobos for it to work. Just about every mid-tower or full-tower case will support ATX size motherboards but just make sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom