Should i buy the card or wait to build the computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
Ok i think i just found out my video card is dying. I have a radeon 9600xt 128mb agp x8. Im having problems where in bf2 the game will crash suddenly (last it happened trying to get in a anti-air gun on air craft carrier) and it shuts down and goes back to desktop. Also in cs it crashes my whole pc, like it goes to black and pc stops responding. I took the card out and it works fine now with onboard. People said my card is messed up and wont work anymore (please verify this!) and i should get a new card. So heres my question, should i go out and spend 300 bucks (250 at the place 4 blocks away from me) on a 6800gt for my agp mobo and play games or wait till christmas when ill have $2,500 to build a new gaming computer? I really just want to play cs (source possible but none of my friends have it), command and conquer generals, and maybe bf2.

Suck it up and wait for xmas, it's soo close.

You may want to try a voltmod on the graphics card if it's unstable, or the graphics card may be overheating.

Just so you know, BF2 is crashing A LOT with A LOT of different video cards, including my 6800GT. The reason being something with the AGP/PCIE software and how the game uses it, notice it isn't a problem when you work with onboard.

That card should do alright with game. Obveously not on high settings, but decent ones.

Well let me try and put this as simply as possible...

If the actual pyhsical part of the card was broken, you would be having way more severe problems, you would not be able to use it. So, with that said, it is software related.

Whether the software is Windows, your drivers, the games, directX, spyware, or who knows, you need to start with reinstalling your video drivers.

Go to the ATI website and download the right ones for your card. After that, go to directX. If none of that works, then we can look further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom