Desktops/Startbar not showing up

Status
Not open for further replies.
as to the above, if the profile is bad, all you need do is load the computer in safemode then logon as the administrator. Open the documents and settings folder, and rename the account folder that you normally logon with. This will allow you to create a new profile, and if that fixes the problem you just need to copy over the old files to the new folder.

Good luck

There are four user profiles, and it does the same thing on all of them. I havent yet tryed booting in safe mode, but Ill do that in a second, and post what happend.

I rebooted in safemode, but there was no change, When I booted it had safemode in all the corners, and my windows version on the top, and just a black backround when I loged on.

I don't know what to do...

from task manager, what programs are running?
Also, can you launch IE? from task manager? run Iexplore.exe...

see if that will load.
Aside from that, if you can load into the recovery console, then run a checkdisk and a sfc /scan now see if that fixes it.

I can run Iexplore.exe, from my windows task manager. Actully, thats how I am getting online right now.

umm...How do I run the recovery console?

Everything is running normal, but the taskbar/start button and my shortcuts are not showing up...

I have also noticed that its takeing a long time to load, when I log on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom