Upgrading graphics card to nvidia geforce 6200

Status
Not open for further replies.
DJ-CHRIS said:
To me those seemed biased, at low settings my mx440 did over 100 fps all the time

We know Tomshardware is biased anywayz, but its true, Radeons perform better in HL2 than GeForces.

I recommend Radeon X300.

Know you didn't want to be recommeded another card, but what do you want? We can't just lie and say that its a great card, its horrible.

If your got your mind set on a card buy it... Don't ask about it, you seem set on the 6200 so why get an opinion on it. Invest in the 6200 it is cheaper and will outperform the 5700 in the next Six months or more... You don't want to be flogging of more PS2 gear so you buy a new video card, do you? If you want to spend the complete 100 that you would spend on the 5700Le buy a
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814145121

That will keep you happy. Next time don't go asking questions and tell people you don't want an answer that is just plain rude....Happy gaming :D

wedge_00 said:

"Adding a video card to your computer is like adding HP to you car. You can go the budget route and add the new intake manifold, and catback system (6200). Add a turbo charger (6600), or dropping a 500Hp crate engine with a supercharger in it (6800)!

This card (while limited) still gives good performance with added advantage of being able to OC it it also adds the NOS.

This card is running just as good as my ATI 9600, HL2 is running excellent with no slow down, Still have some slow down in Halo (Though it's manageable) I believe this card can be a great alternative to the higher end cards out there, but racing for pinks againist the 6600GT will more than likely leave you riding the bus home."

That's the first review on that link... wow.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Here are my specs (i plan on gettting the 6200):

cpu type: amd ahtlon xp, 1600 mhz (12x33) 1990+
system memory: 768mb
expansion capabilities: isa, pci, agp, usb

Dark Strider said:
basically, like I said, I'm only buying it for hl2. will it look anything like a 5700le?

NO NO do not get the 5700LE it blows, you'll only get 30 FPS in HL2 engine, i only get 60 on HL engine. its a terrible card. yeah as somone adivsed get the 6600GT its much better.

DJ-CHRIS said:
To me those seemed biased, at low settings my mx440 did over 100 fps all the time
In HL2? Even at low settings that seems hard to believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom