Alienware weird RAM description

Status
Not open for further replies.
DJ-CHRIS said:
I dont blame alienware for what they have said, it's like intel saying 800 FSB

Lol, thats why I don't want to learn Pentium Overclocking, because of stuff like that.

Misinformation like saying theres a FSB in A64s pisses the hell out of me.

BTW Chris, thanks for the info about the memory dividers, look what it started on the XtremeSystems forums, lol.

Right here.

Flanker said:
Lol, thats why I don't want to learn Pentium Overclocking, because of stuff like that.

Misinformation like saying theres a FSB in A64s pisses the hell out of me.

BTW Chris, thanks for the info about the memory dividers, look what it started on the XtremeSystems forums, lol.

Right here.

It is the same as AMD64's saying 2000HTT.

Yea, you wouldn't believe how many people were "misinformed" about the HTT and Memory relationship. I blame that on people calling the HTT the FSB :(

Anywayz, what they're saying over there is that because the HTT is only for the processor and HyperTransport Bus, not the memory, the memory running at 200 just almost coincidentally happens to be running at a 1:1 ratio, but its not an official ratio. The HTT doesn't give a hoot what happens to the memory.

The whole point of DDR memory is that unlike normal RAM, it runs on both the up and down cycle. Technically, yes, it is only running at 200MHz, but it is doing the same work as if it was running at 400MHz.
Holy shit batman im being backed up!:eek: Anyways, what you guys are trying to say is that our DDR ram is SDRAM. If it wasnt running at 400mhz (up and down) then it would be standard SDRAM or your PC100 of yesteryear. The whole POINT of DDR is to run effectively at double the rate of FSB it is set at giving it the freakin name of Double Data Rate. Also, i knew all this BEFORE i got into the argument and backed it up by researching it. ALSO if it wasnt running at 400 then my Ram clock under my CPU clock wouldnt say 400mhz.:rolleyes:

P.P. Mguire said:
Holy shit batman im being backed up!:eek: Anyways, what you guys are trying to say is that our DDR ram is SDRAM. If it wasnt running at 400mhz (up and down) then it would be standard SDRAM or your PC100 of yesteryear. The whole POINT of DDR is to run effectively at double the rate of FSB it is set at giving it the freakin name of Double Data Rate. Also, i knew all this BEFORE i got into the argument and backed it up by researching it. ALSO if it wasnt running at 400 then my Ram clock under my CPU clock wouldnt say 400mhz.:rolleyes:

Your wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom