Good Socket T Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Main Reason: I'm not made of money
You will spend alot more on that Intel im afraid. Also idk if you havent notived in your research that the name "athlon" is still being used so for all i know you could be talking about an Athlon64 3500+ or w/e. (i know what your talking about though so no worries) The AthlonX2 creams the Ds and the 6** series Intels bad and then turns around and creams Intel in gaming, it is obviously the way to go. I would suggest the SLi-DR myself and the 4800+ and a single 6800GT. For video editing you will want a large amount of ram, preferably 2gig. The Manchester is your way to go.

@DJ-CHRIS:
Asus A8N is like dell, popular but total rubbish.
Any particular reason why its not good? From all of the reviews / tests I've seen done with this motherboard, everyone seems to like it.

PS> I totally agree with you about the Dell's :)

@P.P. Mguire
if you havent notived in your research that the name "athlon" is still being used so for all i know you could be talking about an Athlon64 3500+ or w/e
Sorry, I should have specified. Just AMD Athlon. I had a Athlon 1.2 about 4 years ago I believe it was. Right before the AMD Athlon XP's were released.

The AthlonX2 creams the Ds and the 6** series Intels bad and then turns around and creams Intel in gaming, it is obviously the way to go.
Yeah, I discovered this after Sprooty started discussing how much better the X2's were at multitasking. I started doing some more research on the web, and came across an article that Tom's Hardware had done which benchmarked X2's for video encoding, gaming, etc.

Yes but amds X2 are made for multi tasking and u will get alot more out of an X2 then a Intel P4 with HT....
:rolleyes:
Sorry, I should have specified. Just AMD Athlon. I had a Athlon 1.2 about 4 years ago I believe it was. Right before the AMD Athlon XP's were released.
I knew what you where talking about, i was just being an ass sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom