DDR2 Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

enGRAVEr

Baseband Member
This is gonna be similar to an old post I had.

I want to increase the speed of my Ram. It is supposed to clock anywhere from 533 to 700. It is Patriot DC+ XBL Series. I want to set it at 667 as that is what my MB says it will run. It also states Native 700, but 667 will work for me. I have been running this rig stable now, and getting some good results from my tests. BUT I really want to speed up the ram. I know, MB FSB is 1067, Ram speed is 533, basicaly a ratio of 1:1 so leave it right? Well, I at least want to set it higher and see. There are just SO many settings to mess with in bios, and the mem settings are on the same screen as the cpu settings. I do not really want to mess with the cpu, 3.73 is quite enough. Plus, until i get a little better temps, why test fate?

I am going to post this then shut down my system and jot down the possible adjustments. I will ask for help with the settings when i return.

I have contacted customer support and they didn't even bother replying. Would have saved me some time if they had.

new info from BIOS

alright, just finished getting the information.

the settings I can adjust are:
LDT Freq, NB to SB is at 4x, can be set to 1x, 2x, 3x, 3.5x, 4x or 5x.

Mem can be set to auto, or you can set it to a desired target, but this does not set it as I have tried to set it to 667 and it did not change.

xT(CAS)
xT(RCD)
xT(RP)
xT(RAS)
xT(RC)
and addressing mode

Help please.

Forget just about all of those settings. The only thing you need to change is the frequency, not any timings or anything.

Now, you said you have found an option to set it to 667, that should work. If it isn't that might be some sort of bug. You might want to update the BIOS if you haven't already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom