random restarts

Status
Not open for further replies.

soup lightning

In Runtime
every now and then a window pops up and says random procedure call terminated unepectedly. other times it says something about the windows folder and lsaas file or something

Okay, first of all, there is NO WAY we can figure out a problem with that little of information.

Suggestions: Get an error code number if they give one. lsass is a process, so it should have a termination error code.

When you say 'every now and then' what are some of the things you're doing? System specs, programs you commonly use, have you checked for viruses....

Are you sure it says 'random..' and not 'remote (procedure call)'?

The reason I ask is because of this:

Blaster Worm, what it is, what it does and how to remove it

I can't be sure that's what you have and I don't like to send people off in the right direction (particularly where viruses are concerned) but given the little info you've provided it's certainly something you should look for.

As Alex83188 suggests, a bit more info might help people offer more informed suggestions.

Let us know how you get on.

yeah it is remote, sry. wabout the short description, i was trying to type it before it restarted haha. ill get the error code next time

1 of them says initiated by NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM

Another bit missing: what OS are you running?

Our eMachines running XP had similar problems to what you're describing. Same thing, in fact. Then, after a few weeks, it started taking around twenty minutes (no kidding) to boot up all the way into windows, and was always busy whether we were doing anything or not . . . and we had Norton AntiVirus with current definitions running the whole time, and LavaSoft's Ad-Aware Personal, and Spybot Search & Destroy. It can happen. We had to reformat the thing to fix it, because we took it in to a shop for a virus-cleaning and it did no good whatsoever, and we couldn't get it to run anything at all. After reformatting, it was fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom