TF needs more people like this:

Status
Not open for further replies.
My biggest complaint about these forum is that 90% of the threads go unfinished. You never know if or how the problem was resolved. You spend all day helping someone, just so the thread can go to the big thread junkyard in the sky, unresolved.

It's not the fault of the forums, don't get me wrong, I love it here. Just wish people would post how the problem was resolved.

BASSMASTER said:
My biggest complaint about these forum is that 90% of the threads go unfinished. You never know if or how the problem was resolved. You spend all day helping someone, just so the thread can go to the big thread junkyard in the sky, unresolved.

It's not the fault of the forums, don't get me wrong, I love it here. Just wish people would post how the problem was resolved.

YEs!! Exactly!

Yeah, that's why so many problems are repeated here though. And even though people rarely get thanked... who is actually here for the thank you?

Im just here to get into the computer deal and be able to get to know these problems and have a solution later for people who are having them again. Volunteer work that's all, though I'd like the service hours...

Vader,

Ok, so I'm one of those very stange individuals that don't liked to be thanked. It's a personallity thing. I like to know what I told you worked or not, but that is all. Mostly i already know if it worked or not simply by what is left in the thread, they say it didn't work, or say nothing. Sometimes it's hard to know, but to be honest it doesn't matter. I gave my knowledge out and that is enough for me. I'm not a negative person, I just expressed my point of view.

It's a lot different having a person say that works vs thank you.

Yes, personality differenes will require different feed back for other people. Eric and you sound like you need the thank you, and that is fine. Personally, I don't like it, but would like to know the outcome of the problem. I do think that when a solution is given, and the thread is finished, it should be locked and flagged as a resolution so others can find resolutions to problems like theirs, not just every thread that matches...
That aside, I'm sorry if you took offence to a point of view different than yours. wasn't intended...

Not enough people thank the others who help. True but nothing you can do about it when the problem is solved you can't post "hey aren't you gonna thank me?"...

EricB said:
true.

But I really hate the guy that will have 16 people try to help him and then when the problem is solved, he will only thank the guy who gave him the solution, when everybody else was trying too.
Yer lucky if you get a response at all. Most of the time people answer an issue but the original poster never says a thing afterwards, leaving us stuck in limbo wondering what happened. If the problem was solved or not.

Then again, I'm not really surprised. Most posters can't even take the time to properly write out their questions in a coherant manner, so I don't expect that they should give much care to anything else. :confused:

Inaris,
You specifically dont like to be thanked?? This is bizarre to 99.9% of the world. Its called manners, (please, thank you, your welcome) that momma taught us when we were five. I think your lying...just to be argumentative. A customer of mine said 'thank you' today as he walked out the door. I said "your welcome", and now the both of us know that the problem was repaired, he was happy and I was polite. Its that simple to most of us. I can tell, you would argue with me all nite im sure......it would be really nice that even if you disagree with me, that at least maybe you could understand my strange point of view by stating, "I dont like to be thanked but i can understand what your saying"..........that would not have caused a lengthy reply like this........anyways, I'm not offended just perplexed that people will contradict anything in this world even this:

vaderpro said:
I enjoy computers, learning about them and hopefully helping the odd person who has a problem at TechForums. It just would be nice if more people would be more aprreciative of help and give a simple thanks, like this person did:
[/url]

Sorry 'negative' wasnt the right word when I said that, I mean more like 'disputing'.

I think this is kind of a stupid argument and is going to just start a flame between a couple people. Also why the hell is it an issue? No one is going to change they fact they come her for 5 posts only in their thread for help. Take pride in the fact that you're actually giving back. If you have more then 40 posts you've done something to help, good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom