Virus from msn!! :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tyler1989: my windows is completly genuine and i have my own cd key for it, and it shuts down before i even get to installing it has a 5 sec count down
Warez Monster: what is that?
Makaveli213: yes i know i should not have clicked it
furtivefelon: if what you said is directed at me, i cant help it i am a peon writer

Hey Warez. I think I have the same problem as him. (I knew I shouldn't have clicked on that link, damn you brain) Well I ran that, and it just said that I don't have that particular virus in my computer. I also tried running my AV and at first it would just lock up my entire computer, but last night it worked, but it didn't find any viruses in my computer. I'm at a loss as to what to do next. I don't want to reformat because I will lose important applications (MS Office etc.) I won't be able to reinstall them because it'll say that it's already been installed on a seperate computer. Do you have any other suggestions?

I think I might have postd the wrong one, can you tell me what the virus sends out? I helped a woman a few days ago with this virus, it sent a message out to me, and I said why did she send it and she told me it was a virus, so I sent her the removal tool and it worked.Just took a few seconds.

i fixed it!!!!
go to system 32 >tools>folder options>view>unclick hide protected operating system files>then click show hidden files and folders>then ok
now in system 32 folder you should find a folder that is shaded but NOT!! dllchache now delete the shaded folder after you have made sure the folder is it somehow there should be and exe file in it.
now go start>run>then type in msconfig>startup>Find all the ones that are the same name as the exe file that was in the shaded folder> now the ones that have the location start up(that are named the same as the exe in your shaded folder) leave ticked and all the others(that are named the same as the exe in your shaded folder) unclick
then do a roobot and your good to go :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom