TF needs more people like this:

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaderpro

Fully Optimized
I enjoy computers, learning about them and hopefully helping the odd person who has a problem at TechForums. It just would be nice if more people would be more aprreciative of help and give a simple thanks, like this person did:

maxxx6969 said:
Okay, were finished. I dont know how to express my gratitude through a comp, but i'd just like to thank you so much for helping out, as always i stated before whenever i have a prob with a comp i come here for the most friendly and excellent support...if i could send you a bottle of wine i would to thank you lol...once again thanks so much for taking the time and helping me out with this.

Here's the thread:

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?threadid=68220&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

true.

But I really hate the guy that will have 16 people try to help him and then when the problem is solved, he will only thank the guy who gave him the solution, when everybody else was trying too.

well, you wouldn't say that if you were the guy that gave the solution...
You shouldn't need to be thanked for helping, that in of it's self is enough. Just knowing that what you can provide to others will benefit them, should be all that you need.

my 2 cents...

Inaris said:
well, you wouldn't say that if you were the guy that gave the solution...
You shouldn't need to be thanked for helping, that in of it's self is enough. Just knowing that what you can provide to others will benefit them, should be all that you need.

my 2 cents...

Are you for real?? Wow you have a strange sense of manners.

EricB said:
true.

But I really hate the guy that will have 16 people try to help him and then when the problem is solved, he will only thank the guy who gave him the solution, when everybody else was trying too.

Ah, right on, very good point.

it would just be nice to be appreciated. I once help a guy for a few days, walking him through the process. another guy come in and explain the last part to him a little better than I did and he got all of the thanks.

mind you, nobody was giving the guy the time of day at first, but me

furtivefelon said:
how is that strange? Some people just feels good to help other people..

I see you dont understand this either. Yes, I help people because it feels good to help people. But thats not what I was saying, i'm saying its nice to hear people say "thanks, you really helped me out". You feel more appreciated than not knowing if you actually helped them or not because they just disappear without finalizing the thread. Get it??!!! Man, there are also too many people that will disagree and argue anything cause it makes them feel special I guess. How the hell furtive and inaris can reply to my post negatively, boggles my mind.....it's like arguing that water isn't wet...

At least Eric gets it. He is, btw, one of the most helpful people here, which explains why he understands.

vaderpro said:
I see you dont understand this either. Yes, I help people because it feels good to help people. But thats not what I was saying, i'm saying its nice to hear people say "thanks, you really helped me out". You feel more appreciated than not knowing if you actually helped them or not because they just disappear without finalizing the thread. Get it??!!! Man, there are also too many people that will disagree and argue anything cause it makes them feel special I guess. How the hell furtive and inaris can reply to my post negatively, boggles my mind.....it's like arguing that water isn't wet...

At least Eric gets it. He is, btw, one of the most helpful people here, which explains why he understands.

Thank you for the compliment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom