Heat Monitoring Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

cssadmin

Baseband Member
Hi,
I recently found a good program called SpeedFan which I'm sure that many of you know about. However, it doesn't recognize my fans. My fans are connected directly to the powersupply (not connected to the motherboard). Is that the reason?
If there is no solution for that, do you know a good program that can help monitor my computer's temperature? I've tried Motherboard Monitor 5, but it doesn't support my DFI motherboard.

Thanks so much.

cssadmin said:
Hi,
I recently found a good program called SpeedFan which I'm sure that many of you know about. However, it doesn't recognize my fans. My fans are connected directly to the powersupply (not connected to the motherboard). Is that the reason?
If there is no solution for that, do you know a good program that can help monitor my computer's temperature? I've tried Motherboard Monitor 5, but it doesn't support my DFI motherboard.

Thanks so much.

I would recommend picking up a 5.25" front bay (fan & temp controller), if you've got a free 5.25 bay?

they work pretty decent... plus adds a nice touch to your case.

Hi,
I never really thought about a fan and temp controller, but I don't think it'll fit, because my case has a front cover :(.
But if I find one, will it be able to monitor my fan speeds? How will it know the speeds when the fans aren't even connected to the motherboard?

Thanks

cssadmin said:
Hi,
I never really thought about a fan and temp controller, but I don't think it'll fit, because my case has a front cover :(.
But if I find one, will it be able to monitor my fan speeds? How will it know the speeds when the fans aren't even connected to the motherboard?

Thanks

My case has a front cover also and my fan controller fits just fine. I've got the "ThermalTake Shark Case".

The fan/temp controllers work like this.

4 fan controllers - RPM readings and adjustments
1.) wire hooked up directly to CPU fan
2.) wire hooked up directly to VGA fan
3.) wire hooked up directly to case fan
4.) wire hooked up directly to other case fan

4 heat sensors - TEMP readings in C or F
1.) sensor thermal taped to CPU Core or HS
2.) sensor thermal taped to VGA Core or HS
3.) sensor thermal taped to HDD
4.) sensor thermal taped to Case Chassis "internal".

Thanks for the explanation.
I think I'll go for fan/temp controller.
One more question: does the controller "slow down" fan speeds when the temperature is cool enough?
Also, can you tell me your fan/temp controller name? This way I can be more sure that it will fit in my case.

Thanks.

cssadmin said:
Thanks for the explanation.
I think I'll go for fan/temp controller.
One more question: does the controller "slow down" fan speeds when the temperature is cool enough?
Also, can you tell me your fan/temp controller name? This way I can be more sure that it will fit in my case.

Thanks.

Fan Controllers normally have (2) settings. (Manual - which you can change the fan speeds by hand.) AND (Automatic - were the fan speed is controller depending on the temps)

My fan controller is by AEROCOOL It's called Gatewatch. But, you'll need (2) free 5.25 bays to use it.

Search on frozencpu.com, newegg.com, xoxide.com they all have plenty of fan controllers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom