work schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

northerner

Baseband Member
Hello
Not sure if this post is in the right place if its not maybe a moderator can move it !
I'm trying to find a program to make a work schedules on a calendar (pocket size) for shift workers? Someone made them last year, and i would like to make them the same but have no idea what she used to make them? And she is nowhere to be found now! I attached the one she made maybe someone might be able to figure out what she used?? your help and time would be greatly appreciated !!

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• cable.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 34
This is a simple Excel spreadsheet.....or another application driven spreasheet (Lotus, etc.)...I can't tell from the pic...but just use Microsoft Excel to resize and label the cells so that they fit as this does....this is a very simple format. They are not using a "Calender Wizard" of any sort here. They labelled and colored everything themselves.

-Mike

Thanks for your replies, no i don't have microsoft publisher apokalipse, but i do have excel,don't know how to use it much but i do have it ! So what your saying mike is i would have to creat this years calendar from scratch ? month by month ? or does excel have this calendar in it already? sorry but i'm a rookie !

Yea, from what it looks like...this is not a "Wizard" driven calender. You'll have to go into Excel and chage the size of each cell and then insert text into it.....for the whole year. ONce you get the hang of it, you will get bored because it is fairly easy.
Once you are in Excel, you can place the cursor on the line that seperates each row or column and then click the left mouse button and hold..this will tell you the measurement of the row size or column size. You can use this to get each size the same. Another example is to resize the first row to take up more space and place the title in there....little tricks that are easy to learn in Excel....but you will have to play around a little.

-Mike

-ADZ I tried that program its seems like a good program but you can only print 3 months at a time and couldn't figure out how to color certain days
-Mike i tried to use excel but i'm having alot of trouble figuring it out how to use it! I put my cursor on that line but what is the unit of measurement I don't think it was inchs? and can i do the whole calendar on one sheet or do i have to do it one month on each sheet? and do i make the whole calendar first then resize it for pocket size? i'm so confused ?? lol

Again thanks alot for your time!!!

Well, the measurement doesn't have to be in inches or anything. It just has to be the same so that the cells are equal in size. You should be able to print out 6 months at a time. If you are familiar with word then the font sizes and characteristics (bold, underline, etc) should be a snap. If you right click on a cell and click Format Cell then you can color the cells, places borders, etc. Here is a sample for the first 6 months. You should be able to copy this entire sheet and make the latter of the year yourself. This only takes a few minutes once you practice a little.
What is your email address so that I can send you this file?

-Mike

I received an error when trying to send this file to you. Here is the file. Just right-click on the link and click "Save Target As..." and then save it to your drive. Then you will have to unzip the file.

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom