Video Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shomac5k

Baseband Member
I am getting a new custom computer from a town in my shop. I asked them if it is possible to get the GeForce 7800 GTX SLI, and they told me this is the one I would be getting: Extreme N7800 GTX-2DHTV

I'm not sure if this is THE SLI version of the card, or is it? Is this THE card I want?

Thankz.

Well for SLI you need two of the same video cards. You'll need two of the same video cards to run SLI, and make sure your motherboard can run SLI.

Yes 7800GTX's aren't made in any other fashion, if you got 2 of them with an nForce4 SLI enabled motherboard, with an uber PSU, then yea you could run them.

Ok, I'm not sure I understand this fully. Is this card I am getting the same as the GeForce 7800 GTX?

If I am ordering this, does it come with 2 video cards, is it 2 in one, or is it just the normal 7800 GTX?

Or does this video card (sli) just mean that it is just compatible with running with another video card.

So, if I order just this one, does that mean I will get the benchmarks of a normal 7800 GTX, or a 7800 GTX SLI (much better!!)?

to run sli you will need to order 2 videocards of the exact same type. if running 7800 sli your most likely need the biggest baddest PSU on the market. and you will need a sli motherboard. i reccommend an eVGA nForce4 SLi motherboard. But do you have to buy the bracket too? i dont know.

Shomac5k said:
So, if I order just this one, does that mean I will get the benchmarks of a normal 7800 GTX, or a 7800 GTX SLI (much better!!)?

normal 7800 GTX = 1 card
7800 GTX SLI = 2 cards (1 7800 GTX + 1 7800 GTX)

7800 GTX SLI is not a card all its own it is two 7800 GTX working together to increase performance. (hence the better benchmarks)

Here is a way to tell if you are getting what you want. If the price tag is under $2,000 US probably not. Just make sure that you are communicating with the builder(s) to ensure that you get what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom