Best FREE Antivirus software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raphael Argus

Daemon Poster
Norton NO MORE. What is one of the best free antivirus programs?

Is AVG one of the best???

Any help appreciated.

Raphael Argus said:
Norton NO MORE. What is one of the best free antivirus programs?

Is AVG one of the best???

Any help appreciated.

If you go to the antivirus section of the forums, that subject comes up about once a day. Theres lot's of helpful info over there, I'm sure you'll find what you neeed.

personally, I use free AVG, it's highly recommended on these forums and it's been working good for me since I started using it, you can get it Here

Norton is good, Symantec is better. Either way there is no good free antivirus. The best free antivirus is probably AVG but like I said that still isn't good "best of the worst".

avast free is better than a paid version of norton. I had both.

I 've had norton for years. I use to hate the " you have a virus. but we can't delete it message" . If I get a virus with avast, it will get rid of it. norton slows your computer. avast don't. avast analyzes every single thing that you do on a computer. I know of no other a/v that does that

it took norton forever, before it could scan compressed (zip, rar) files. avast alway could

Sadly warez I got Norton Internet Security as a gift. So I use that. When my subscription dies I'm jumping over to symantec.

And yes Eric there is no doubt Norton hogs reasources but it gets the job done and thats that. Symantec doesn't do that and I find their detection methods faster and better also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom