Monitor wont turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gundamen_85

Beta member
I have an ep-8kta3 motherboard with an old winpro geforce 2 agp graphics card and when I turn on the computer, the monitor wont turn on:angry: . It acts like it is turning on, then goes back into sleep mode

Did that to.:( No luck there either, I had a tech friend look at it and he said that the board is fried, but I am still hoping it isn't.

So you isolated the monitor out then what's left is the video card, if you could try and replace it with a good one if so then I can only thing of 4 reason...motherboard is dead, cpu is dead, powersupply not giving out adaquate power, even if you switch your video card with a working one make sure it's compatible else it won't work and you may speculate its the motherboard but might be the videocard after all. Just a thought give it a try.

I tried 3 other cards, but I dont think I got around to changing out the power supply, I tested the cpu in another computer and it worked. The only thing I didn't try was the power, I think. My memory sucks so who knows:confused: . I'll give it a shot, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom