Help with wrong processor detected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiGyLiLuPdAmIdL

Vinsanity
Ok i just finished building my new computer and i have a sempron 2800 sokcet A but then after i installed xp i clicked on system and it says amd athlon mp 1.2ghz and 480mb of ram. what is wron i have 512mb of ram and a 2.0ghz sempron what do i need to do to fix this pleez somebody help me?

He just built it lol. Looks like the motherboard is f'd up to me and it's using the onboard graphics.

No, your FSB is defaulted at 100mhz, swithc it back to 133 and that should fix it. Make sure I am right though. I have the same trouble, mine defaulted at 1.2 ghz even though I have an xp 2000+ (1.67). My FSB was at 100, default for 2000+ is suppose to be 133. I changed it back to 133, and it reads as a 1900 on boot up but it's close enough. (Bios has a hard time reading the little processer difference I suppose in socket A's)

As for the RAM your onboard graphics card is using some of it up, it's a shared memory thing. You can't do anything about that.

Well check with CPU-Z for the correct clockspeed, windows can lie.

And you have 480 meg of ram, because your intergrated graphics is usi ng some

Change it to 133. (FSB) If that doesn't work then go lower. When I mean if it doesn't work I mean if Windows won't boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom