Error message: DLL for Kernel

Status
Not open for further replies.

jane1976

Beta member
Hoping someone here can help. When I try to boot the system up (Compaq Presario) I get the error message
"load needed DLL s for Kernel." Someone mentioned that I would need to do a system repair with the original Windows XP disk that came with the computer. Problem is I have lost the original disk. I do have an operating system disk from another HP computer (Windows XP) - can I use that one? Also, if I do a repair vs. reinstall will that reatin most or all of the files previously saved on the computer i.e. pictures, music etc?

Take the disk you have and boot from it. Choose R to run the recovery console.

Once there, type in:

FIXMBR

then

FIXBOOT

see if that works.

If that doesn't work:

Insert your Windows XP Setup CD, and restart your computer.

Press ENTER when you see the message To setup Windows XP now, and then press ENTER displayed on the Welcome to Setup screen.

Do not choose the option to press R to use the Recovery Console.

In the Windows XP Licensing Agreement, press F8 to agree to the license agreement.

Make sure that your current installation of Windows XP is selected in the box, and then press R to repair Windows XP.

Follow the instructions on the screen to complete Setup.

nuke said:
don't double post bass.

First off, are you a moderator? If not, why don't you PM one and report me. Second double post what? I gave him 2 things to try, don't you have anything better to do?

DJ-CHRIS said:
When your explaining something complex, it can be good to seperate 2 idea's by two posts.

Nuke is just an a-hole and looking for something to bust my chops about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom