Stop message!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobic

Solid State Member
Hi, I have been recieving a blue stop message just after windows xp begins to load and cannot read it because the computer restarts to quickly for me to get a look at it.

I know you can disable auto restart in windows control panel but I cannot gain access to windows to be able to turn this feature off.

Is there anyway I can pause the stop message using a certain key on the keyboard?

Hope you can help, Tobi :)

boot to safe mode, right click my computer, click properties, click advanced, under start and and recovery click settings, uncheck auto restart after sys failure, ok, ok, yes to reboot

Safe mode will not load!

Hey, safe mode does not even want to load, it says windows can not start safe mode!

The whole problem came when my computer was doing an in upgrade to xp and my computer was turned off whilst it was upgrading!

Hope you can help, Tobi :)

Will I loose all my data saved under that last OS installed! Shall I go about this using the XP CD and boot to it and then choose to install from scratch over the same partition or repair last OS. Thanks for the help, Tobi :)

No luck, it does it's job then restarts to load up and then the stop message appears again and then it goes back into the restart cycle :(

Just wondering if there is anyway I can pause the stop message because it appears both times!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom