Which CPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeedPCHelp

Solid State Member
Which CPU should I get? The AMD 64 3700 San Diego or the AMD 64 3800 venice?

The 3700 san diego is currently out of stock and I want to know if the 3800 venice is better or worse.

Thanks.

3700 cause of the 1MB cache, thats probably the only big difference, but for me i would get the 3700. and if you are gaming, cache doesnt really make a big difference, so if you cant wait for the 3700 to get back in stock go ahead and get the 3800

It's just the fact that the 3800 costs more..I mean is it worth the extra money? The PC is gonna be mainly used for gaming.

What would I need the bigger L2 cache for?

Also which CPU is better for me if I want to do gaming but don't want to overclock.

i would say for higher speeds the 3800 but for the best bang the 3700.

i say the 3700 then if you want to, you can experiement with OCing a little bit.

Basically if the 3800 is better then I will get that. But otherwise I will not pay more money for something that is worse, this is what I don't understand.

the 3800 is not worse, it just has a higher clocked speed. .2Ghz which you can Oc that easily, the 3700 is way better sense it has the 1MB L2 cache, i forget what cache does, something bigger is better to help sppeed and not use up ram or what not i forget, buy anyways get the 3700 and save some money.

Ok thanks... I have the whole build now..could you please tell me if this is ok for gaming:

DFI Lanparty nF4 SLi-DR

Chenbro Gaming Bomb MIDI ATX Orange

Kingston 1GB Kit (512x2) PC3200

80GB Seagate Barrucuda 7 [7200/100]

16X Sony DVD-ROM Black

Gigabyte GeForce 7800GTX 256MB

17" Iiyama VisionMaster 1403

3½" Black Floppy Drive

Enermax Noisetaker 600W ATX V2.0

AMD Athlon64 3700 San Diego Retail

i say if you dont want to OC and you want to make the price a little bit cheaper, i say go with some corsair valueselect for around 90 dollars. but eveerything else looks pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom