computer locked like fort knox

Status
Not open for further replies.

novaforme

Solid State Member
I got a computer from a company that was used for the public to use and the computer is locked down like fort knox. It running windows xp pro but i cant even right click the desktop. what do i do? ohh and i cant load anything from a floppy or cdrom because it doesent have either.

lolol i wish i could, do you happen to know of anyway to get into the computer under the admin account, or erase the password for it?

Tyler1989 said:
You sent the man to a virus! You asked him to download a virus?

Read a bit Tyler, JTR is well known and safe. ;)

Note: a number of Windows "antivirus" and "anti-spyware" products have started to recognize password recovery tools as if they were "trojans". This is how those products' vendors inflate their detected "virus" counts. The effect is that end-users are no longer able to check password recovery software for real viruses. If this affects you, please complain to your antivirus vendor.

i've downloaded, extracted, installed, executed. I didn't have any problems or signs of infection. Also, my trend micro office scan didn't complain at all.

from http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/pest/pest.aspx?id=3205

Password Cracker : A tool to decrypt a password or password file. PestPatrol uses the term both for programs that take an algorithmic approach to cracking, as well as those that use brute force with a password cracking word list. Password crackers have legitimate uses by security administrators, who want to find weak passwords in order to change them and improve system security.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom