new gaming mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

aj2003

Daemon Poster
Im after a new keyboard mouse setup, the keyboard im 99% sure im gonna get is

http://www.moddershq.net/reviews.asp?reviewid=96&pagenumber=1

if anyone has any experience any comments would be nice.

Im alittle bit more confused over what mouse to get,
its either the Logitech G5
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2142,CONTENTID=10715

or the Razer Copperhead
http://hardware.gamespot.com/Story-ST-21730-2416-x-x-x

They are about the same price so i really dont know which. Also im not sure if they are worth the extra cash over the razer diamondback?

any input is more than welcome. :)

Well I have never used any of those so I cant really give a good opinion on any of them.

But after seeing that keyboard and reading the review on the link you gave, I want to get one myself!

As for mice. I currently have a Logitech MX518 that I just bought not long ago. I havnt even used it in any FPS games yet. It looks like the MX518 is kinda the little brother to the G5 thou. Althou I think I would rather have the 518 personally after looking at the G5 in the link you provided. The one thing that I wish the 518 had that the G5 dose have is the little indicator on the left of the mouse that shows which dpi setting your using, that would be a very nice feature I think, instead of having to think which setting your using, you could just glance at the mouse real quick. What I didnt like about the G5 was that it only has one thumb button, where the 518 has 2 (these are the buttons that are used for front/back when surfing the internet). For that reason alone I would chose the 518 over the G5 if it were up to me. The G5 also claims to have the Program Switching button like the 518, but I dont see it in any pics. The program switching button on my 518 dosnt work, but I think its because I never installed the software that came with the mouse. This is mainly because I dont yet have the computer that I actually bought the mouse for, and im just using it with my crappy Dell untill i get my new computer.

To make this easier ill just list the pros and cons between all the features that the 518 and G5 share...

MX518
Pros: (compared to the G5)
2 thumb buttons
Cheaper price

Cons: (compared to the G5)
top dpi of 1800
lack of dpi indicator led's

G5
Pros: (compared to 518)
top dpi of 2000
adjustable weight cartrige(dont know how usefull that would really be)
Side to side tilt wheel

Cons: (compared to 518)
lack of 2 thumb buttons
more expensive

It looks like they both have the same shape thou, and it is a very comfortable mouse in my opinion, the thumb groove is nice and the mouse feels good in your hand. Which from the pics of the Razor, it dosnt really look very comfortable in my opinion. The Razor dose look like a good mouse, but its shape is its downfall in my opinion

My vote would be for the Logitech MX518, or the G5 if you want the weight cartrige and the added price. Either way, I think you would like either of the Logitech mice.

ok ive ordered the G5. i dont really use the thumb buttons for going backwards and forwards on pages and its not that much more expensive. Can wait for them to arrive, replacing my rubbish trust wireless mouse and cheapy keyboard :D

ahhh I would die without my back and foreward mouse buttons!! Whenever I use a computer with only a 2 button mouse it takes me a while to get used to having to move the mouse up and click back all the time.

Glad to hear you went with the Logitech mouse anyway, I really like there design.

ahhh I would die without my back and foreward mouse buttons!! Whenever I use a computer with only a 2 button mouse it takes me a while to get used to having to move the mouse up and click back all the time.

Glad to hear you went with the Logitech mouse anyway, I really like there design.

The one thing that interested me was the:

"The polling rate results in a 1ms response time. In comparison, conventional mice poll at 125Hz for a response time of 8ms. You will be able to adjust the USB polling rate to 125Hz, 500Hz, and 1000Hz."

that the razor offered. If anyone knows more about that let me know.

P.S. I just bought the mx 518 so hopefully that is a good one too :)

One disadvantage razer mice have, if you have big hands, they are very hard to get used to using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom