Reloaded windows, problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdmhotness

Baseband Member
Iv been switching hard drives from my old one until I got a windows xp disc, finally got it and threw in my newer virus infected HD.

Just reloaded windows, installed Roxio EZ cd creator 7 + DVD and DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0.

When I try to play a DVD in windows media player it says Windows Media player cannot play because capatable DVD Decoder is not installed.

Im getting the dsl disc sent to me now in the mail so I can maybe do some windows updates and such, anything else I should try?

Also right after i reloaded and installed it it seems slow, like when I drag a window around it really slow and choppy and has to catch up like im running a lot of programs or something, but just reformatted it with nothing on the HD!

thoughts?
thanks
-nick

I think the laggy Windows problem is that you haven't yet installed your graphics card driver, but i'm not sure about the other problem.

Yeah you need to make sure you install all the drivers before you go running programs and stuff. Also, the DVD Decoder error is normal, it happened to me when I installed windows on my newly built computer. I just installed a bundled dvd player program that came with my DVD-ROM, and that seems to have installed the correct DVD Encoder as I can play dvds on media player now too. You might have to just download it http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/mp10/getmore/plugins.aspx#DVDDecoder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom