Building a computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
dukee said:
should i get Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition w/ Service Pack 2?

Xp pro is better, so ive heard....but home is cheaper, and i was fitting it to your budget. You decide.

well if your just using it for HOME use you might as well just go for HOME edition. most of use here have home. unless we used/using the computer for college which you need pro obviously. or some people just like pro better then home. it really doesnt matter which one you go for.

i was wondering if this is a good website to buy from www.cyberpowersystem.com , and this is my system summary

CASE : Hot New! X-Cruiser Mid-Tower 420W Case W/ WINDOW, MultiMeter Display & Control (Red Color)
CPU : (939-pin) AMD ATHLON64 4000+ CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology
MOTHERBOARD : (Sckt939)EVGA nForce4 SLI Chipset SATA RAID Dual PCI-E Mainboard w/GbLAN, USB2.0, &7.1Audio
MEMORY : 1024 MB (512MBx2) PC3200 400MHz Dual Channel DDR MEMORY (Corsair Value Select)
VIDEO CARD : NVIDIA Geforce 7800 GTX 256MB 16X PCI Express Video Card
VIDEO CARD 2 : NONE
MONITOR & LCD : NONE
HARD DRIVE : Western Digital 200GB 7200RPM ATA 100 8MB Special Editon
Hard Drive 2 : NONE
Optical Drive : COMBO DRIVE (16X DVD-ROM & 52x32x52 CD-RW) (BEIGE COLOR)
Optical Drive 2 : NONE
SOUND : HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

Price: $1484.00

is this fine? any suggestions?
:bald:

Hmm that site looks pretty good, and easier to use than monarchcomputers. Switch that mboard to the msi neo4 plat or dfi lanparty ultra. Check the build costs and shipping and warranty. Not sure about that psu....

I have to agree. I don't really like the case and especially the power supply. You got some decent hardware, you don't want a bad PSU ruin it. I'm going to suggest an OCZ powerstream PSU, I think it's good and the price is resonable. For the case I suggest a lian li pc 65. I think that'll still come out to be less than 1700. Give it a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom