Many xp pro problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Computerfreak14

In Runtime
well i just got a computer from a friend that came with intel celeron pro. win 98...but when i started it up it had win XP pro on it so i was like sweet..some of my problems are when i go into device manager nothing comes up just a blank screen..like the toolbar does..and the buttons like to scan for new hardware but nothings there..i click scan and theres nothing coming up...im stumped...second i installed a cd r drive and its not coming up in devices with removable storage theres nothing..maybe i did the jumpers wrong....third i installed a network card from my dell and i cant tell if theres a problem be casue nothing comes up in device mangager..and another problem i cant get online to download driver files for the network adapter..so i put them on a disc...the thing it is when i open the drive and put it in..the light starts blinlking as if is running the disc..but noting happens after...please help...thanks in advance

MidwestComputer said:
didnt you post this on computerforums.org?

I can see razzing someone for cross-posting on multiple sub-forums of a single website but not for 2 completely different websites? The internet's a pretty big place, I'm sure there is room enough for his post on 2 different websites. ;)

As for your problem, ask your friend how he installed XP Pro? Did he try a clean install or did he do an upgrade? You could also try using System File Checker and see what comes up, you will need the XP disc for that however. Your friend more than likely had a botched install, not necessarily their fault, things happen. Ask him how he installed it and go from there.

Download RockXP, find out the XP CD Key, write it down, get an XP Pro CD, then reformat and reinstall everything. Should be good as new, if not better.

like whats some computer store names that would sell me one..that you would think.?..my sisters friend has the disc but i wont be able to get off her till friday..becasue shes goin to her dads:confused:

tribalsun said:
I can see razzing someone for cross-posting on multiple sub-forums of a single website but not for 2 completely different websites? The internet's a pretty big place, I'm sure there is room enough for his post on 2 different websites. ;)

(Laughs).....I agree.

Computerfreak14 said:
like whats some computer store names that would sell me one..that you would think.?..my sisters friend has the disc but i wont be able to get off her till friday..becasue shes goin to her dads:confused:

Well, most small computer shops would. I don't know about the big ones (IE: CompUSA, Circuit City, Best Buy, ect.) Just go ask around at some stores, and see what you can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom