replacing mobo/graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
why dont they want you to have ur own? im sure you could persuade them. say it for school work or something

BEcause, well im not entirely sure, i know i can talk them into haveing goodly sized chat about it, so they're less vague.

as it is, the family dell is mostly mine, and most days my parents only use it for email or typing some spreadsheat or something.

they mabe dont want me in my room all day crouched in front of the computer screen. ALL DAY.

so....but if they dont budge what can i do....

they are right that this is mostly my computer, so i might as well make it not suck.

A computer in your room means that you can go places they don't want you to on the internet and they won't know about it.

You know, stuff like p0rn, hate sites, adult chat rooms, whatever.

trotter i COULD do that, but i would think they trust me enough to let me have a comp in my room.

but i still plan to talk to them more indepth about it.

Yeah they may not want you on adult sites as well as if you have your own PC, you likely spend too much time on it.

To be honest, it would be better just to sell the dell, you could get a good buck for it.

Buying an Ibuyerpower or monarch system wouldnt be bad. For the ibuyerpower system, I would buy a seperate power supply from newegg and toss it in though. Pretty easy task. Also upgrading to the MSI K8N neo's is a good idea too

Hey major problem is with the power connectors on the Dell's some of them aren't standard atx power pins (Know that for a fact saw my friends DELL ( Latin for living hell) go up in a puff of smoke no joking)

Better building your own, but invest in a second computer if you have siblings you can work on the two at the same time( argue this point that it is handy for homework) and invest in a network cord and got yourself a home LAN (tadada) invite a mate over and spend nights fighting over and over trivial little videogames (bets the heck over split screen X-BOX and PS-2) Also tell your parents that it will help you understand the complexitity in IT management which is beneficial to school work and tell your parents you got ripped off by DEll therefore shifting the focus on your quest for computer conquest to the fact that your parents got jumped by a crappy computer company.

Also meet your parent's halfway, if they don't won't you to have a computer in your room find somewhere that is acceptable so you can have your cake and eat it too. Better to have a computer that is gonna survive then not too. Oh yeah make up some lame arse story about how your using programs at school which won't work on your computer because of your outdated software, and say you can't buy new software because your hardware is too old to reach the min specifications of the new software. Thats how i got a new computer in early 2003 with year 12, but we did have a P120 with 48 megs of ram and a 2 gig hard drive hahahahahahahahhahahaha! And even that wouldn't run MS ACCESS

hm..i AM tentatively starting an IT class this year....

...and i will certainly learn about technology putting it together.

hm....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom