DFI Compatible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
Ok just looking at DFI's most expensive mobo and it says it supports everything CPU Type: Athlon 64 FX/Athlon 64/Sempron but the x2's. The only reason i want the x2's is i dont want to upgrade for like 4 years and cause i had the money. It seemed to be a good idea but if it isnt compatible, i guess ill just get an fx. So is it?

Its not compatible, but there are other boards out there you know...boards that support the X2. If you don't want to upgrade for the next 4 years, get the X2. If you're a hardcore gamer right now, get a FX. The time for switching to Dual Core will be sometime in 2007 IMO.

If you plan on overclocking then DO NOT GET THE FX-SERIES! For overclocking, stick to the Athlon 64 4000+. The FX series will own you if you try to overclock them. To overclock the FX-series, you need cooling that would cost as much as the processor.

But as long as you don't overclock a FX, its fine for you.

He hasn't even told us if he's overclocking, but if he is, then the 4000+ will be the best bang for the buck. They perform as well as the FX series when overclocked.

Flanker said:
Its not compatible, but there are other boards out there you know...boards that support the X2. If you don't want to upgrade for the next 4 years, get the X2. If you're a hardcore gamer right now, get a FX. The time for switching to Dual Core will be sometime in 2007 IMO.

If you plan on overclocking then DO NOT GET THE FX-SERIES! For overclocking, stick to the Athlon 64 4000+. The FX series will own you if you try to overclock them. To overclock the FX-series, you need cooling that would cost as much as the processor.

But as long as you don't overclock a FX, its fine for you.

What the hell, the FX series are no different from your normal san diego's, they just run 200-400 mhz faster.

Where the hell are all you people getting this false bullshit infomation that's spreading like the plague on here.

if you dont want to OC and you dont want to upgrade and this is just for gaming i would say get the fx.

4000=good gaming, better if OCed, but if your on a budget good processor to go with

fx=great gaming, OCable?, good if you really dont want to OC but you can try a little bit

X2=not so good for games yet, OC defintely, better for mutlitasking and may be better for gaming coming in the near future for dual core support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom