Status
Not open for further replies.

buckman341

In Runtime
i recently purchased some new hardware.

ASUS A8V DELUXE Socket 939 VIA K8T800 Pro ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

and

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice 1GHz FSB 512KB L2 Cache Socket 939 Processor

well i've put it all together but i can't get the system to post for anything. i've cleared CMOS, taken the whole thing apart, checked for dust, reseated the CPU, run memtests, and put it all back together.

all my old hardware works (im on my old system now). so i guess at this point i'd like to see if its the CPU or the mobo thats screwed up.

is it possible to put this new Venice core CPU in my old mobo which is an Asus a7v8x ?
this is a link to the old mobo http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/socketa/a7v8x/overview.htm

the old mobo is VIA® KT400 chipset so i dont know if i can even test my new chip in there.

any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

DJ-CHRIS said:
The venice core will work in the A8V with a bios flash...

wait a sec.... do you think the problem im having is because i haven't flashed the bios on my new mobo?

when i start the computer up my monitor doesn't even power on, no POST, no bios nothing.

buckman341 said:
wait a sec.... do you think the problem im having is because i haven't flashed the bios on my new mobo?

when i start the computer up my monitor doesn't even power on, no POST, no bios nothing.

Yeah it cannot recognize your CPU.

buckman341 said:
what about using my old CPU in the new motherboard?
no, again, completely different socket.

to flash the BIOS, first you're gonna need to borrow someone elses Newcastle or Clawhammer
then you need a flash utility. they are usually run from a DOS floppy.
if you get a flash disk setup program, it will probabbly put the command needed in the autoexec.bat file. if not, then read its instructions and find out what commands to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom