System Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadeth2

Daemon Poster
I'm actually going to change the combo I want. This is final as I have two weeks to order this and build it. The Opteron is costing more than this.

I'm going to order
MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum $104
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ $150
OCZ Enhanced Latency DDR400 512MB 2-3-2-5 $62.95
all off of newegg.

I'm carrying over other parts from my Presshot rig. I will add another stick of ram later. Also, I have a Radeon X600Pro which I will sell later. Should I get an X800 or X800GT, what is the diff?

Is that board good for overclocking? I will be overclocking on the stock cooler, and that gives decent temps, since I'm saving up for something better.

The case that I"m using has a good 450W PSU and if it can power my Presshot than it can power this.

Please answer my questions, thanks.

everything looks good, GET A 6600GT or a 6800GT if you can afford it, right now probably a 6800 is the best bang for your bucks sense you can unlock the pipelines and the shader. everythig else looks good, if you really want to OC get the DFi nF4 ultra-D for 135 dollars i believe. only 20 dollars more. but the neo4 is with the mail in rebate so about 10 dollasr more i believe

I've never used a DFI and I trust MSI more because I've heard about alot of BIOS problems with the DFI and more importantly, on AMD Tech there is a guy who has the DFI board you recommend and he couldn't even get his 3000+ Venice to overclock to 2 GHz and he was using top of the line ram and other parts. He even flashed the BIOS to the latest.

umm... the DFi nF4 series have been known to OC crazy, btw they made a world record with a 3000+ to OC at 3.2 i believe on air in chile if you go onto their website. are you sure he didnt get a defective board. maybe hes not doing it right

the DFi nF3 series was REALLY REALLY buggy there i suggest the msi

but with the nF4 chipset i would go with DFi if you really want to OC i highly HIGHLY recommend DFI!

and plus the DFi ones have memtest built into their bios.

I can't get this board. It doesn't have a parallel port. I have a very old laserjet printer.

wah wah wah waTT!!! you dont want to get the best board out there, which will last you a very long time and is great for OCing.. just because you have an OLD LASERJET printer THAT you want TO use. why dont you just buy a new printer for like 50 dollars............wow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom