Graphics card 6600 fan noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikd1

Beta member
im not sure if this is in the right section but any help would be very appresiated.

my problem is that i hav a shuttlex pc which is suposed 2 b very quiet but when i got it the onboard graphics card was **** so i got an apg PNY geforce 6600 256mb it has outstanding performance but now all i can hear all the time is the bloody fan spinning VERY loudly! its realy getting anoying so i was wondering if it would be possible to get a new fan for it.

i know that silentx fans are supposed to be very good but i dont know which ones to get @ the moment the graphics card gets quite hot so i dont want any less efficiancy or it might break
i dont know the specs of the fan but if anyone knows anything that might help PLEASE tell me

thanks in advance

yer the other fans r still louder than i expected but they are still quiet so it IS the graphics card: the noise only started when i put it in-it has an onboard graphics card already.
also when i stop the graphics card fan the noise stops

most computer retail stores like newegg.com will show you what fan will work for your card because the linked page will show you what cards are compatible with the fan you are looking at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom