New PC, Opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty090

Baseband Member
Here it is, the PC for me that fits into the budget I am looking at:

AMD Athlon 64 4000+ (will be overclocked )
DFI Lanparty NF4 SLI-D Nforce4 Mobo
2 Gig OCZ 400Mhz DDR Ram (Hope to clock close to 600MHz)
Hitachi 250Gig SATA 300 HDD
GeForce 6800 GT 256MB Vid Card (maybe overclock?)(would love 7800 but $$$)
500 Watt PS

All other components as well but these are the new ones.
With exeption to the 7800 GT Vid this should scream.

Any thoughts? It's close to my budget at $2240 CAD
Thanks,
Smitty

If you want to hit DDR600, get G.Skill RAM. it is guaranteed to get at least that under 2.5-4-4-8 timings, and at 2.7 to 2.9 volts

I would get a Seagate or Western Digital hard drive instead, they are much more reliable. personally I prefer Seagate.

also, don't go cheap on the PSU. if it goes bad, it can take out the system with it.
go for: Antec, Thermaltake, Enermax, OCZ (OCZ ones are rock solid) or Ultra (they also look really good). and 500W is a good amount. try and get at least 480.

also, you might want to consider the X2 3800+
it is also very overclockable, based on the Venice (it is a dual Venice really) it will perform a little bit less than the 4000+ in games (although they're more graphics card dependant) but will skyrocket when you multitask

I have a couple Ultra Power Supplies now and have no problems with them. The new one I was going to get was from Ultra, X connect. I dont do any multi tasking on my PC but I will consider the 3800+ as well.
The reason I picked the Hitachi Drive is that it is one of few that go to SATA 300. I myself prefer Seagate or Fujitsu but I'll keep looking form some SATA300's from them.
I cant get G.Skill from my supplier but I'll try to see if I can order it from somewhere else. I see that many posts reccoment that RAM especially for OC.

Thanks for the feedback. More for me to consider.
Appreciate it very much.
Smitty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom