future computer build

Status
Not open for further replies.
KMOTE said:
too much being spent on unnecessary things 4TB!!! HDD!!!

4 gig RAM!!!- (not quite so unusual)

despite being very good, this would be very costly and at the moment is not required by anything.

Actually it's only 2 TB being made with 4 hdd

robertconley619 said:
Ok, I agree, 7800 GTX's blow the 6800's out of the water, but I thought the more memory a card has, the better it is?
]

It's dependant on alot of things, memory doesnt affect peformance that much. Mainly on pixel pipelines, core speed, memory interface, memory speed.

well i guess it's a good thing that it's going to take a while to build it, because by the time I make it, the 7800's probably will reach 512 mb's anyway

Alright, now I have taken everyone's input under advisement, it now looks like this:
AMD Athlon X2 4800
DFI Lanparty UT NF4 Ultra-D
4 gigs of Corsair XMS (the ocz went out of stock)
4 250 gig Western Digital Caviar
2 Leadtek WinFast PX7800GTX Geforce 7800GTX 256MB in SLI
Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS Gamer Edition
Leadtek PVR2000 PCI tv tuner

Now instead of it being $5500 USD, It's now $3,880.84 USD with this stuff below:
Thermaltake Xaser III V1000A Black Chassis
LITE-ON Black IDE DVD-ROM Drive
LACIE Black IDE DVD Burner w/ Lightscribe
NEC Black 1.44MB 3.5" Internal Floppy Drive
SABRENT SBT-ICR42B 42-in-1 USB 2.0 Black Internal & External Card Reader/Writer
SILVERSTONE ZEUS SST-ST65ZF ATX12V 650W Power Supply
Microsoft Windows XP HOME Edition With Service Pack 2 - OEM
Logitech 961410-0403 QuickCam Communicate STX 0.35MP Effective Pixels USB Interface WebCam
3 COOLMAX 24" SATA ( SERIAL ATA 150 ) Cable, 2-Head, Yellow Model SATA 24" 2H YELLOW

Your motherboard doesn't support SLI, even though it can be modded to. For the sake of simplicity get the DFI Lanparty UT nF4 SLI-DR ~ $178. Don't get the DFI Lanparty nF4 SLI-DR (there really is a difference) since its $198 and isn't necessary.

alright ill get the other one but newegg said that the motherboard i put in my cart is sli supported (stupid companies don't tell you what you need to know..........)

Well after that motherboard change, things look a little bit different know:
AMD X2 4800+
DFI LP UT nF4 SLI-D Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI
4 gigs of Corsair XMS
2 74 gig raptors
2 400 gig (seagate)
2 Leadtek WinFast PX7800GTX Geforce 7800GTX
Leadtek PVR2000 tv tuner
Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS Gamer Edition

everything else is the same

4x500...holy crap wtf???? ok looks better....honestly with 64 bit systems coming out i wouldnt go too crazy, but if you want that right now and can afford it then go for it.

even with 2x74 raptors and 2x400 gig seagate, what the hell are you gonna put on there???? do people really watch movies on computer screens???

def go for the 7800gtx, right on, whats the cost right now for that setup?

2ys, so you plan on buying a little at a time? which if you did doesnt make sense, cause prices would drop and new technology comes out, so best to save your money and buy all at once...

vaderpro said:
4x500...holy crap wtf???? ok looks better....honestly with 64 bit systems coming out i wouldnt go to crazy, but if you want that right now and can afford it then go for it.

even with 2x74 raptors and 2x400 gig seagate, what the hell are you gonna put on there???? do people really watch movies on computer screens???

def go for the 7800gtx, right on, whats the cost right now for that setup?

2ys, so you plan on buying a little at a time? which if you did doesnt make sense, cause prices would drop and new technology comes out, so best to save your money and buy all at once...

well, right now, i got no choice but to watch stuff on my screen bcuz let's just say i'm not the one to listen to authority.......:D
Anyway, I was planning on using 1 of the raptors for my boot drive and the other 3 for storage. (Obviously, only the stuff I want fast access 2 will go on the raptors.) I mean I just got the computer im using right now 2 weeks ago and I have a 250 gig hard drive. Once it was formatted, it only had 232 gigs left and right now with Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project, GTA: Vice City, and MOHAA on my computer and i'm currently @ 218 gigs. So the point I'm trying to make is files are getting bigger and I want to have plenty of storage......:rolleyes:

Also, the reason why I said within 2 years is because that's about when i'll be able to afford it. But your probably right, buy it all at once
which is probably what I will end up doing anyway because as was mentioned earlier in the post, some stuff will be obselete by the time I build it.

Cost: $4,192.25 USD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom