personal pc comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
talldude123 said:
oh, and some more info:

both systems have video chipsets, the intel computer has 8 MB RAM taken by video, and the AMD has 64 MB RAM taken by video (that sucks)

um...that doesn't matter

you both have onboard video, which sucks...period :(

and 64mb/8mb taken from memory isn't that much

my guess is that your brother, like the million of other people, doesn't download stuff illegally correctly or downloads a lot of random stuff or has crappy anti-viruses running (i.e. norton and mcafee)

tell him to get ad-adware and spybot s&d and run them and delete everything it finds, and if he has norton or mcafee, tell him to delete it and get the free version of www.grisoft.com (i think) of AVG

oooor, he can do a clean install of windows again

oh, and that AMD is a lot better than that intel you got

actually both computer now have Avast antivirus and its updated. I cant reinstall windows on my bros computer, he'd kill me LOL

uhh...thanks, but im currently saving for a really high-end video card...cant think of the name...its from geforce and its $400

that "expensive" card (probably a 6800GT...remember, he's in canada, so 400CDN= 2xx, near 300) would be bottlenecked by your computer

why?

1.) You have a celeron processor..celerons are regarded as the worst current processor (low cache among other things, i believe)
2.) that 768MB ram is probably PC2700, getting a new computer with pc3200 would help..but again..completely unncessary

no, that'll also botleneck the system. first off, instead of getting a 6800gt, spend part of the money on a new mobo that'll support better/faster/newer cpu's. for about $200 can get a fairly good amd mobo with 3000 venice, then spend the other $200 on a 6600gt. then when you get more money upgrade your ram. that way you'd be able to upgrade your whole pc rather than just your video card.

Willamette, Northwood and Prescott = Pentium 4

and the CPU actually is not the most important aspect that tells you your computer performance. there is also RAM, hard drives, video card, Operating System, programs running, motherboard, how much spyware you have, fragmentation of hard drive(s), etc etc...

the XP 2800+ does process faster than the Celeron 2.66. it has more instruction sets, more cache, better architecture, and the Celeron actually lacks some processing capability.
but like said, something is bottlenecking the AMD. that's why it is going slower

actually i just looked up the AMD 2800+ last night, and it does have double-cache i think mine just performs faster cause....has less viruses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom