first build

Status
Not open for further replies.

static_-x-_

Solid State Member
I'm looking to build a decent computer system with the specs listed below

CPU - intel 775 3.0 ghz 800fsb 1mb (approx £100)
motherboard - (i have no idea which to choose from, please could you help me! looking for something with good features, maybe onboard graphics that i can upgrade to a seperate card at a later date. Approx £60 - £80)
Asus abit Gigabyet intel which do i choose.

memory - 512mb (approx £35-£40)
Storage - Seagate 7200 (approx £40-£50)
Optical Drive - £40

I'm looking for help mainly with a cpu and motherboard, would like to have a decent 3ghz with a good motherboard to support it, please help?

Well, there are many good part's out there. All you really need to see is which socket processor you will have, and match it up with the same socket mobo. This really is not that hard.

Find out what socket that processor is, I think it's like 478 or something, I don't really go with Intel, sorry. :eek:

Go with Asus or Intel not Abit. If it's a s478 get a Asus P4P800-X. Thats what I used for my first build.

Its an LGA775 socket, so just get anything with that socket that supports a P4 and a 800MHz FSB, and what ever feature you want at a price you can afford. Also, you need to make sure your MB and memory are compatible. I have an ASUS MB myself.

i would recommend a AMD processor. What will you be doing with this system?

video editing or encoding = intel

gaming. multi tasking = amd

just found out that the motherboard above does not support any onboard graphics, any others because i need onboard graphics if possible?

what would you suggest then?

same performance as a intel 3ghz

motherboard that has onboard lan, graphics, sound etc

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom