New PC suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wouldnt get the x800pro, sense ati isnt doing so well this year, i would go with a 6600GT or 6800GT, or 7800GTX if you have the money.

Buy one for $37
CREATIVE Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Value SB0400 8 (7.1) Channels PCI Interface Sound Card - Retail

to take the load offf of cpu

mabie i was thinking of buying something thats already build for 500 or so then add staf f to it ooo and i already got ge force 5800 256mb is that an ok card buy the way?

Better off to have one built to your specs, then buying a prebuilt. Youll get crap parts in the prebuilt and itll cost you more that way. Local computer shop or monarchcomputers.com can built one for u. Stay away from Dell etc...

kennny2004 said:
mabie i was thinking of buying something thats already build for 500 or so then add staf f to it ooo and i already got ge force 5800 256mb is that an ok card buy the way?

The thing with prebuilt (Dell, HP, Compaq...) is that you might get a good deal, but those prebuilt PCs are designed so that you CAN'T upgrade them. For example, with Dell, besides getting crap parts, they kind of "fuse" the motherboard and Power Supply so that you can't change one without changing the other. This can be really annoying stuff, and I (and most other members) would suggest staying away from pre-built PCs, even if you plan to upgrade them.

The best thing for you - tell the forum members what you want AS ACCURATELY AS POSSIBLE so that they suggest a system that is perfect for your needs. After you've chosen one of the systems that a member suggests, you should google "How to Build a PC' and you'll find plenty of good websites that show/teach how to build a PC from scratch.

I'd recommend a system, but its 11:00 pm here and I'm tired. I've already recommended 3 other systems today, so maybe tomorrow I'll come back and recommend one for you. My advice still stands. Goodnight.

vaderpro said:
Better off to have one built to your specs, then buying a prebuilt. Youll get crap parts in the prebuilt and itll cost you more that way. Local computer shop or monarchcomputers.com can built one for u. Stay away from Dell etc...

Sorry Vader, didn't read your post. Yea if you absolutely don't want to build your own PC, then Monarch will build one for you. You'll just have to choose parts from a drop-down list which can be REALLY ANNOYING especially if you aern't familiar with which product is best for you.

Still, choose one of the systems that a member on here suggests and then go to Monarch and choose the exact same parts from the lists. If you're confused about something, don't just think it is what it might not be. Ask about the component on here.

But building your own is still more fun, and you get a greater feeling of accomplishment. You also feel like its YOUR computer =)

But getting a pre-built from Monarch is more efficient and can eliminate some of the problems from if you build it yourself. They also have an option for getting clean wiring inside the case.

i bet 99.9% of the people on this forum will recommend building your own pc,

1) cheaper, obviously

2) upgradability

3) freedom to choose your own parts

4) fun to do if your doing right

5) able to OC if you ever feel liike doing it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom