MN-700 Wireless Station Won't Connect To Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

svoltmer

Beta member
MN-700 base station, but now it won't connect to the
internet. I have to manually go to the base station
controls and "release and renew" the WAN. I talked to my
provider (Verizon) and they say nothing has changed.
What should I look for in my settings that could be a
problem.
I have allready cloned my MAC address and are using a dynamic IP with no login as asked by Verizon.
Thanks

Verizon asked you to clone a MAC? That seems weird.
I've only had to do this in a few situations....hmmmm.
Dude, wait, is this a Microsoft wireless router?
If so, i've heard some "offbeat" articles.....Make sure that your lease time for the IP is "0".

-Mike

Yea, it's a Microsoft MN-700. and you mean the lease time for the DHCP? because, I don't think there is anyway to control the lease time on the IP Verizon gives me. Thanks!

Some ISPs allow this and some don't. I have heard some shady things about Microsoft wireless cards and routers. Not saying this is the problem....but certainly enough resources out there that say the same thing. 1st things 1st....Are you receiving an internal IP from your router ok?

Ok then, click on start > run and type cmd
So another ip release/renew and then:
At the command prompt type ipconfig /registerdns
and then type exit and try to get on the net after this.

-Mike

I have gotten it to connect, but I have to leave the DSL modem on or power it on before I turn on the router and computer otherwise the router won't get the IP from the modem and, hence, no internet connection. I've been told by Microsoft that this is the way everyone else is set up with a router and there is no other way to get the router to re-scan the modem for the IP. Oh well. If you have a solution let me know. Thanks for your help!

are you turning off the modem and router? leave them on all the time. they are not meant to be turned on and off like a computer. that's proably your problem right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom