Windows Freezing During Use

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well..not sure how your BIOS look like but my point was changing it to single channel and see what happen. That is if you can find the setting.

Also how powerful is your powersupply?

i had a similar problem once and it ended up that my HD was overheating. i added an extra fan and my problem was solved

Any other ideas?

It seems like it was running fine, so I shut every program down, and tried to defrag and it froze in under a minute.

for dual cannel you should 2 of the exact same ram inserted in the same colored slots

I had that problem on a guy's computer that I was fixing. it did it on movies. he had no viruses or spyware. I ran a million tests. I couldn't figure it out. I reformatted the computer. Problem solved

defrag freezes eh? mine did too one time, it was due to a bad sector on my hardrive! that area on the drive is unread/unwritable and win will hang if it hits that area, mine was due to heat but it also is known to occur when serious fragmentation has occurred.when it is the later it is almost a missreport of "bad sector"win is just so fragged its confused. there has to be another way, but i was forced to back up my data and format the drive also. If you can get it to format without freezing!HA!

Here's something interesting:

The 'Safely Remove Hardware' Icon was in my taskbar, so I clicked it, and the only thing listed in there is my HD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom