DVD player only recognises cd's not dvd's

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonsey20

Solid State Member
The DVD in question is an LG DRD-8160B. It used to work fine but ever since hard drive format it has not been working properly. It will detect and runs cd's fine but it will not detect DVD's when I place any type of DVD in the drive it simply says 'please insert a **** into the drive'. I use windows xp home addition. Its been a real pain as bascialy now I just have a DVD drive acting as a basic cd-rom drive. Can anyone help?

it says in the manual that under windows xp no installation of any driver or software is needed, the LG website though does have firmware for the DVD ROM

Maybe try disconnecting it, rebooting, then reconnect it and reboot, see if windows then recognizes it/installs it properly...

Ok tried a DVD film and it actualy gets detected and runs ok, though ive tried 2 DVD+RW dvd's with data on but they dont get detected. Could it be due to the format of the DVD and the player perhaps being an old model.

jonsey20 said:
Ok tried a DVD film and it actualy gets detected and runs ok, though ive tried 2 DVD+RW dvd's with data on but they dont get detected. Could it be due to the format of the DVD and the player perhaps being an old model.

yes. someplayers work only only or better with - media not +. Also if the media is scratched.....also brands can be a factor, dont buy the cheapy blank dvds/cd's. I found fuji dvd-r work the best on my LG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom