Boot disk help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erich K

In Runtime
Ok, i havn't ever used one of these. So i'm thinking of installing linux fedora core 4 on my computer. But it won't read the cd drive, What boot disk should i use? and how should i set it up?

Note: I'm trying to make a floppy boot disk

ok for one are you sure you burned the cd as a image. 2. Are you sure that the BIO's is set so that it reads the CD first. 3. ive never sen or used a boot disk for linux. YOu mit of burned it wrong or you need to have your BIO's set to read the CD first.

Dark_Sniper* said:
ok for one are you sure you burned the cd as a image. 2. Are you sure that the BIO's is set so that it reads the CD first. 3. ive never sen or used a boot disk for linux. YOu mit of burned it wrong or you need to have your BIO's set to read the CD first.
I have also tried my windows98 install disk, but it doesn't work either. So i know it's not the disks. Also, i have tried many different ways with the bios. setting cd rom as master and stuff but it just loads "Operating system not found"

Hmm i really dont know you mit but you mit not i never needed to use a boot disk, the linux cd jsut worked for me lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom