strange install problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeJ615

Baseband Member
ok this is REALLY wierd but .... im trying to install Leisure Suit Larry on my PC but when i start the install process the install wizard opens for the Battlefield 2 demo ... which i THOUGHT i deleted off my PC months ago (i have the battlefield 2 full game now) i had these problems before with ATI Catalyst Control Center opening when i tried to install other games but i found the CCC setup.exe file and deleted it and the problem was solved but i cant figure out what to do about this battlefield 2 demo so if anyone has had this problem or knows the filename of the bf2 demo setup program please help me out here thanks in advance for any help

insert cd, close any wizards that autorun, open my computer, open to cd rom drive, find the installer msi/exe (prolly install or setup, msi or exe), run the install app.

is the bf2 demo in add/remove programs?

ok thanks alot that worked :) ... but no BF2 demo isnt in my add/remove programs list, weird stuff but at least i can install around the problem now lol thanks alot

no i uninstalled the demo a month or two before i ever even got the full version that's what baffles me

what you could do. open task manager to processes. insert the cd and have that installer start up. try to watch closely so you find the name of the installer. run a search on your HD for the file and delete it.

might as well dump your temp files while your at it. start | programs | system tools | disk cleanup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom