radeon vs geforce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nubius said:

BAH I SAY, just give me a damn card that'll perform good and not give me hassle

Both ATI X800 cards except the X800 Pro and all of the 6800 models perform good at about any game you throw at them these days. There are two and only two reasons that the ATI X800 series get such a bad rep.

1. The X800 Pro completely sucked, being priced to compete with the 6800 GT but barely keeping up with the 6600 GT.

2. The Shader Model 3 issue

Besides these issues, all the X800s (besides the Pro and the GT doesn't count), are very powerful cards.

Nubius said:
I blatently admitted and acknowledged the FX series was a horrible mistake

That makes me want to strangle my video card even more. I can't believe I got ripped off for this POS, never again.

This card right now is bottlenecking my system like all Hell. Imagine 20fps on BF2 on LOWEST settings with the rest of my system. Its also overheating and covered in dust...

Eeek, the FX series IMO was made for more user-end home and home-office types of computers, MAYBE with the exception of the 59 Ultra, which isn't made anymore...

It was made for dip$h!ts like me who didn't know any better. I bought this in late 2004 for a rather...embarassing amount. If I ever told you guys how much I paid for it, I'd never be able to come back to these forums. Lets just say I got it from Circuit City and leave it at that...

Flanker said:
That makes me want to strangle my video card even more. I can't believe I got ripped off for this POS, never again.

Man, I feel your pain, i feel the same way about my X800 Pro.

Counter-Strike said:
Well like I keep saying Bee, if you want to toss it my way I will be more than happy to take it off your hands.

LOL you have a 6800, why would you want an X800 Pro. The only real advantage tha the X800 Pro has over the 6800 vanilla is 256MB of RAM, which leads to less of a performance hit when AA is enabled, but the 6800 still comes out on top in most cases, except Far Cry and HL2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom