Noob comp build

Status
Not open for further replies.
The combo motherboard is fine. If its the same as the one thats comes with the 7800GTX, then I checked it out, and yea, its fine. Buy that, and you'll be saving $130 on a mobo.

Edit: Yea, Its the same. Its impressive for the price. NForce4 SLi and 7.1 integrated sound =)

Choices, choices, choices...I am getting dizzy. Ok, I updated my list of items on my notepad. Question, why are the 18" and 19" monitors stuck with the same resolution of 1280 x 1024 as the 17" monitors? I read somewhere that the pixels in the 18" and 19"s are just blown up giving a larger, less crisp display and basically just a waste of money. Is this true?

Cruo said:
Choices, choices, choices...I am getting dizzy. Ok, I updated my list of items on my notepad. Question, why are the 18" and 19" monitors stuck with the same resolution of 1280 x 1024 as the 17" monitors? I read somewhere that the pixels in the 18" and 19"s are just blown up giving a larger, less crisp display and basically just a waste of money. Is this true?

Ya thats a good point. But im pretty happy with 1280x1024 in a 19", cause i want at least 19"s. So if you think you can live with a 17" screen, then by all means go for 17".

Can you give us a updated list of what you are getting?

3700+ San Diego > 3800+ Venice
When you do overclock you will be glad you got a DFI board
Overclocking Ram?

3700+ San Diego > 3800+ Venice
When you do overclock you will be glad you got a DFI board
Overclocking Ram?

truebe said:

eVGA 256-P2-N537-AX Geforce 7800GT Video Card with Battlefield 2
AMD Athlon 64 3700+ 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Processor
OCZ EL Platinum Revision 2 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM
DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D ATX AMD Motherboard
Western Digital Caviar SE16 250GB 3.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
NEC Silver IDE DVD Burner Model ND-3540A
OCZ OCZ520ADJ 520W Power Supply
Thermaltake Tsunami VA3000SWA Silver Computer Case

The case has two 120mm fans, is that sufficient? Still looking at heatsinks, should I get one? I just picked up one of these on my way home today, can't wait to hook it up to my current POS:eek: SAMSUNG Syncmaster 17 Inch LCD Digital Analog Monitor 730B
# Ultra-fast 8ms response time
# 1280 x 1024 resolution
# Up to 160-degree horizontal/vertical viewing angles
# 600 - 1 contrast ratio
# 0.264mm pitch

Another noob question, the specs for the DVD burner mention:CD-R, CD-RW and CD-ROM. So does that mean I can play/burn regular CDs with the DVD burner? Thanks all for helping!:D

Thats a crazy setup you got there, its perfect too :).

You DVD Burner isn't just a DVD Burner. It should be called a "Combo Drive" not just a DVD burner. You can play CDs/DVDs on it, and you can burn CDs/DVDs on it. Just not at the same time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom