Windows Freezing During Use

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riboflavin

Solid State Member
I built my own computer, all top of the line parts gig of ram etc. very nice stuff. All had been going well until about a week ago.

While playing Battlefield 2 I think was the first time it occurred, my computer just froze. Ok no problem, BF2 can be glitchy sometimes. After it happened a few more times I decided to uninstall BF2 and some other programs I no longer use.

It didn't seen to help the problem. The wierd thing is when it freezes it will freeze for about 10 seconds, then for about 2 seconds it will unfreeze and you can move the mouse etc. Then it freezes again permanently.

It seems to only freeze during strenuous activities: Trying to run a program while still starting up, trying to start/run multiple programs at once. My first instinct was to run adaware/spybot/defragment. After a few restarts the spyware and virus scans came out clean, couldn't get defrag to go past 5% without freezing though. I tried doing a diskscan on C:/ at startup, but it would freeze at about 10%.

I really don't know what to do. I can do everything ok, it is quite stable but trying to run things that are more demanding, which would at one time run flawlessly now cause this.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Josh

MSI NF4 K8N NEO4-F Motherboard
VGA SAPPHIRE X800 PRO 256M vid card
DUAL DDR 1GB corsair ram
AMD 64 |3000+ ATHLON 64 939P
250 Gig Seagate HD
Creative Labs SB Audigy2 Sound Card

I went into BIOS, and I went into DRAM settings, but I couldn't find anything about dual channel.

I don't see anything here, it seems to be all unchangable latency rates, refresh rates, read/write rates, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom