How much of a shithouse was ME?

Status
Not open for further replies.

*PyRo*

In Runtime
In a dark chapter in my life...I had MicroscrewUp Windows Millenium Edition. How can you make somethign so horrendus. Now XP has it faults, but ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yes funnyboy, I see the Ironic humour of using just ME

Yea, it is the worst OS that I have ever seen.
Microsoft actually came out with XP EARLIER than expected due to the need to replace the ME OS with another home/office end-user platform as 2000 was mainly for office envirnments.

-Mike

yes i know how you feel pyro, in dark chapter in my life i also had win_me. browsing web pages w/ie - sometimes i could type a url in the address bar, hit enter.. i would hear the hd working overtime.. and all the sudden i would get a blue screen. :mad:

I have a few computers on my network and the one upstairs is still running on ME. The only reason I left ME on it was that I hardly ever use it. I have a USB adaptor for my wireless network and the damn thing has to be unplugged and replugged constantly to keep ME from not recognizing it. Simple tasks like logging onto AIM can cause crashes and errors. My opinion is that Win2kPro is the most stable windows OS.

XP is basically a design of 2000 made to be more user-friendly and more appealing to the public (with its bubble start menu and stuff), doing this has made it less stable than 2000.

what do you prefer as an OS - Windows 98 or ME?

apokalipse said:
XP is basically a design of 2000 made to be more user-friendly and more appealing to the public (with its bubble start menu and stuff), doing this has made it less stable than 2000.

what do you prefer as an OS - Windows 98 or ME?

98 dude....I used ME in 1999 and have never "used" it since

-Mike

I used 98, then 98 SE for years until the switch to XP two years ago. Never have I used ME in any of my machines here at home.

Where I work, many of the machines once had ME on them.... it sucked ass and you probably couldn't get any work done.

Thankfully, they've all been replaced with 2K, XP and some of them - Linux (Mandrake).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom