My Creative X-fi Platinum Is On It's Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
The LIVE is decent for me, but w/ PA speakers i get the sound i want out of mixers and equilizers lol. As long as it does the decoding i will make it sound like i want.

P.P. Mguire said:
The LIVE is decent for me, but w/ PA speakers i get the sound i want out of mixers and equilizers lol. As long as it does the decoding i will make it sound like i want.

You cannot change a bad sound to a good sound. End of story.

DJ-CHRIS said:
(not including their pro end, which you would have never heard of) I may get it.

ok. chris... http://www.emu.com

By the way... Your sound card is only as good as your speakers or headphones... You can have a emu 1820M but if you have worthless tinny craptasktic speakers or headphones... you might as well go with a $15 sound card or onboard.

But for those of use that have mid to highend speakers... It makes all the difference...

HAVOC2k5 said:
ok. chris... http://www.emu.com

By the way... Your sound card is only as good as your speakers or headphones... You can have a emu 1820M but if you have worthless tinny craptasktic speakers or headphones... you might as well go with a $15 sound card or onboard.

But for those of use that have mid to highend speakers... It makes all the difference...

Yeah, your right about the EMU's :) And I have great sound anyways, if I decide to wear my headphones, or use my non PC speakers.

And PP, garbage in, garbage out :beard:

awsome looking sound card.

I had an audigy 2 ZS, was having problems with it & I just got a turtle beach catalina.

The ZS gives slightly better performance for games, was awsome for DVD's (you'll hear the smallest details on a DVD & this new card looks even better), the ZS made my speakers louder than the catalina and headphones louder too it seems like.

The ZS was better but the catalina is crystal clear, my center speaker doesn't act up like it did with the ZS, and the software is better IMHO.

Awsome looking soundcard, that said I wish Creative had more competition.

Well, i've sucessfully cancelled my order and my account has been credited. I found another online store that has the X-FI Fatal1ty card IN STOCK and ordered it. It should be here in 3-5 business days.

I actually found out that the fatal1ty card and the elite card both have the XRAM feature and the platinum & vanilla card do not.
XRAM is 64MB of onboard ram built right in to the card. It's pretty much a "cache" for audio data. It also has the internal drive controller, which I would like since I have (1) remaining available 5.25 slot in my PC.

Hopefully it will be here next week...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom