Computer interfering with Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceblade122

Solid State Member
Alright well let me first say my mother listens to the radio every morning and it won't be an option to remove her or the radio from the house :p

Well I've recently purchased a new computer and it seems to interfere with the radio. I've read a whole bunch on it and as far as I can tell it shouldn't be doing it. My computer is downstairs in the basement whereas the radio is upstairs in the kitchen. The computer and the radio are on seperate circuits. Uhhh. I don't know what other information is needed. I'll check back. Could it be like something in my computer is running at the same frequency as the radio or something? The station I'm having troubles on is 800KHz. I don't think it affects any other stations but I will check. K well all the FM stations work but some AM stations do not. I'm guessing the weaker ones are the ones that are more affected. Please help!

Ok well.

CPU: 1,8GHz AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Sckt 939 (Venice Core)
RAM: Ultra 512MB PC3200 DDR 400MHz CL3
Mobo: Chaintech S1689 Socket 939 Motherboard
Router: Netgear RP614 4-Port Cable/DSL Web Safe Router RB
HDD: Western Digital 80Gigs, 7200RPM's
VC: nVidia Geforce4 MX440 AGP8X

I think that's everything important. I have my router hooked up to this computer and the computer upstairs (which is even closer to the radio). I have cable internet.

It's not the radio that's affecting the computer. It's the computer affecting the radio. When the computer is off the radio works perfectly. When the computer is on the radio gets static on certain stations.

Could be your speaker, some are known to produce loud static but this is unlikely because their to far apart. I am puzzle at the moment but I think it's got to be magnetic interference cause by electric motors.

Does this happen to battery powered radio's as well?

If it doesnt, the simple answer is dirty power. You are most likely using a cheap no name brand power supply which is causing the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom